The field of planning and environmental law relates to the regulation of real estate, both in the public and the private sector. This contains rules, which give the authorities the right to control the development (planning) in urban and rural areas and to regulate private and professional activities that might affect the environment. Moreover, planning- and environmental concerns the rules and rights, which apply in the relationship between property owners. It is a field of law that requires the assistance of specialist lawyers.
At Gicharu Kimani & Associates Advocates, we act for clients at all levels, including National (State) and Local Governments, Statutory authorities, Utility providers, large and small developers, individuals, submitters, and significant businesses across all facets of planning and environment law.
We can assist you with the following matters, amongst others:
- Renewable energy planning issues
- Planning, environment and related government advice
- Advice on the development application process
- Planning and development appeals and litigation
- Compulsory acquisition and compensation disputes
- Contaminated land management
- Due diligence, major projects and land use approvals
- Interpretation and application of legislation and planning instruments
- Infrastructure charges, agreements and advice
- Environmental regulation and enforcement
- Valuation appeals and land court litigation
- Investigation and enforcement or defence of environmental and development offences
- Negotiations and dispute resolution